The members that did come out discussed the Keystone Classic and details of other shows and sales planned for this upcoming year. Each committee presented a report to summarize 2010 and members had the opportunity to ask questions and voice their opinions on what worked well and how the association might serve them better.
Manitoba will be hosting the Canadian Angus Association Annual General Meeting this year. There is much planning and prep work involved in hosting an event like this and Arlene has called upon members that might wish to volunteer.
The election process resulted in the following members placed to lead the association in the next few years:
- President: Shawn Birmingham for another 3-year term
- Vice President: Dallas Johnston
- Canadian Director: Lois McRae by acclamation
- Remaining Directors:
- Kent Topham for a 1-year term
- Doug Stamler
- Dan VanSteelandt
- Allan Nykoliation for a 3-year term
- Ron Batho
- Larissa Hamilton for a 1-year term (new board member)
- Arlene Kirkpatrick: Secretary/Treasurer
- Honorary President: Vaughan Greenslade
Arlene did a fantastic job of organizing the entire event. And, dinner with 5 different beef breeds was a great opportunity to network and keep an eye on the competition.
It is clear to me that Angus is still a word that people say with pride in Manitoba. Manitoba breeders remain passionate about their cattle and their lifestyle, and it was wonderful to be home for the weekend.
Posted by Kajal Devani