What are your plans for this last long weekend of summer? We've talked to members who will be fishing, camping, soaking up the sun, playing in ball tournaments and barbecuing. Lots of Angus breeders will be trying to squeeze in a little bit of R&R between haying and silaging. A few will be showing cattle this weekend.
For many of us, a summer long weekend is a great excuse to gather friends for a back yard barbecue featuring Angus beef. If such a gathering is on your agenda for the weekend, consider trying these Greek burgers. The recipe comes to us from Chef Dez at Lepp Farm Market (a Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed licensed participant) in Abbotsford, BC.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and divide equally into four portions. Shape each portion into a hamburger patty.
- Grill on a preheated barbecue, medium flame, until cooked through. (Burger temperature will be 160 degrees Fahrenheit when fully cooked.)
- Serve with tzatziki sauce, lettuce and tomato on a hamburger bun. For a gluten-free or lower calorie option, wrap hamburger patty in a large lettuce leaf instead of using a bun.
Whatever you do this long weekend, enjoy the sunshine and drive safely. Our office will be closed on Monday to recognize Labour Day, but we'll reopen at 7:30 a.m. MDT on Tuesday.
Posted by Tina ZakowskyFeedback: firstname.lastname@example.org