It’s hard to believe that convention is upon us again. In less than a month, Convention 2015 will be kicking off with the President’s Reception on Thursday June 4th at Angus Central.
The Canadian Angus Association (CAA) National Convention is the Annual General Meeting for the association coupled with outstanding tours, events and hospitality, making it a must-attend event for progressive Angus breeders. This will be my third time attending National Convention, and I have seen firsthand the value of the event as a networking opportunity for Angus breeders.
This year the event will be held in Calgary, Alberta and the theme is “Yes We Can.” Some of the key events that should be highlights of this years’ Convention include:
· Open house at Bow Valley Genetics in Brooks, AB on June 3rd
· Golfing at Beaver Dam Golf course on June 4th
· Shopping trip to Irvine’s Tack & Western Wear on June 4th which features lunch at Pasu Fine Dining Experience & Sheepskin Boutique
· Presidents Reception at Angus Central on June 4th featuring light refreshments and the Robert Cameron McHaffie Ambassador competition
· Cattlemen’s Connection Day on June 5th featuring a panel discussion, keynote speakers and afternoon tours
· Breakfast with the Board of Directors as well as Staff Information sessions on June 6th
· CAA AGM, CAF AGM and Convention Banquet on June 6th followed by award presentations, the ‘CAF Building the Legacy Sale 4’ and a dance to conclude the evening
· Northern Alberta Angus tour on June 7th
· Trip to Banff, AB on June 8th
The number and scope of events on this list speak to the value of National Convention to Canadian Angus breeders and Angus enthusiasts alike. Whether you are a large Angus producer, small Angus producer or a Junior Angus member, you will no doubt benefit from attending the event. There will be lots of Angus breeders in attendance from near and far which should be invaluable from a networking perspective.
Be sure to get registered as soon as possible as the early registration deadline is May 15th. Full details available at cdnangus.ca/members/agm.htm or by calling 1-888-571-3580.
Matt Bates – CAA Summer Marketing Intern
Posted by Karla Ness Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org