Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Marketing Internship Benefits Everyone


The Canadian Angus Association takes pride in assisting youth and provides opportunities to excel.  This year once again, the CAA offered Marketing Internships to youth in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario. Although I am not an Angus breeder, I could not pass up such an amazing opportunity. I am currently enrolled at the University of Guelph pursuing a Marketing degree and what better way would I be able to gain hands-on experience?  The internship would allow me to interact with Juniors and promote Angus cattle to both youth and breeders alike. It offers practical experience, great mentorship, as well as gaining lifelong connections I would not be able to make anywhere else.


I first applied for the Marketing Internship back in December. Coming from a seedstock farm in Ontario, the description outlined the ideal employment for my summer. As my passion for the agriculture industry evolves, I feel as though it is my job to give back, to promote how much this industry has to offer, the opportunities that await and most importantly, the sense of pride that can be obtained.


Not only was I offered employment through the CAA, but also I was given the opportunity to meet Junior members just like me. Attending Guiding Outstanding Angus Leaders (GOAL) this past February gave me a new outlook on the future of the agriculture industry. Being my first GOAL conference, all of my expectations were exceeded and it was the best experience to say the least!


From the friendships, memories and experiences I have had, I look forward to attending this conference once again next year, as well as many more CJAA events this summer. The opportunities provided by the CAA are second to none. 


Posted by Sophie Wotten
Feedback: swotten@cdnangus.ca