Each year your Canadian Angus Association in partnership with local member volunteers put together the National Convention, an event for all members, commercial producers, and industry representatives to participate, learn, network, and have some fun. This year “The Future: Red, Black and Green” is in Comox, British Columbia, June 7th – 10th. Everyone is welcome and if you have never been to a CAA National Convention before then we’ve gathered a list of a few reasons why you should attend.
10. Have some fun – There are a variety of events and time dedicated to socializing and visiting interesting places in the host region. Thursday night’s President’s Reception and Friday’s BBQ are two excellent opportunities to kick back and enjoy time spent with friends in the business.
9. Learn something new – Panelists and speakers from around the Canadian beef industry will provide updates and information relevant to all producers and participants in our industry.
8. Buy Canadian Angus RFID tags, save the shipping costs and cross a to-do item off your list.
7. Participate in the Building the Legacy Sale 7 Live – There is no sale like it, the electricity in the room during the sale is something to be experienced in person.
6. Meet new people – Each year Convention attracts people from across Canada and there are always a few international guests in attendance as well. Everyone there shares a common passion – ANGUS!
5. Catch up with old friends and acquaintances – Besides meeting new people, Convention is an excellent time to catch up with people from the past. Long breaks and ample social time is perfect for catching up and don’t forget about the hospitality suite each night.
4. See a different part of Canada, their culture and their cattle – Canada is a diverse and wonderful country, each region has its own specialties and sights. See a sampling of those on Vancouver Island with the tours on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Or spend some extra time there before or after the event and visit with local producers.
3. Have the chance to ask questions to leaders of the industry who are speaking at the event and hear what is happening in Canadian beef in general. Your Canadian Angus Association strives to bring the most relevant and informative speakers to the event so that you can have access to the experts in our field. Hear their presentations, ask questions and visit with them during the day. Our speakers love it when you interact with them.
2. Talk to the Board of Directors face to face and have your thoughts & opinions heard – Your Board of Directors works hard to lead the organization and makes decisions based on input from the members. The entire Board will be in attendance so be sure to talk to any of them if you have questions or comments and join them on Saturday morning for Breakfast with the Board which is time specifically set aside for this.
1. Learn what is new at Canadian Angus – The Board and staff members at your Association are constantly working hard to improve services and programs to enhance your experience as a member. Convention is an excellent opportunity to hear what is happening and provide input for the future.
|Crown Isle Resort|